Causes of ED
What to Expect
At Apex Health, Dr. Sharp begins with talking with you about your concerns and addresses
both immediate and long term goals to get you back to feeling like the manly stud muffin
you know you are. Initially Ultrasound is done alone the penis to verify adequate blood flow.
Hormone levels are checked, and replacement therapy is ordered as indicated to help jump
start your body by providing the behind-the-scenes magic to support a full erection. Low
testosterone (low T) is a common medical problem in men that often goes undiagnosed.
In fact, low T affects nearly 40% of men over the age of 45.
Weight loss programs are available as well to men wanting to upgrade their hard-earned
Dad Bod for a healthier, tighter Physique.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF LOW TESTOSTERONE LEVELS IN MEN?
Hormones Q & A
- Adrenaline (gives you energy)
- Human growth hormone (HGH) (helps you grow properly and preserves your muscle tissue)
- Insulin (regulates your blood sugar)
- Estrogen (one of two female sex hormones)
- Testosterone (male sex hormone)
- Serotonin (stabilizes your mood)
- Thyroid hormones (regulate your metabolism)
- Cortisol (helps you handle stress and mood changes)
- DHEA (boosts testosterone and estrogen production)
These are just a few of the many hormones that your body produces naturally.
Men experience andropause when their hormone levels drop. Common symptoms for men often include low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, fatigue, lack of motivation, loss of muscle mass, and weight gain.